Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Zoo!

R is the best! He has his interview this week for his baptism on Sunday! I am so excited for him. 

This week we were teaching the Law of Chastity to R. I love this lesson I can't even begin to express my love for how important it is to live it. Right after we described what it means to keep the law of chastity he asked us, "What about your girlfriend?" At this moment my stomach dropped. We asked him if we could answer his question as we taught for the next fifteen minutes Sister Wilson, Brother T and I all testified of this commandment and the blessings that come as we live it. I told Sister Wilson after that I don't think I have ever felt the spirit direct my  testimony and teaching as much as it did in that lesson. At the end we talked about Celestial Marriages and how that is the goal. We promised eternal families and at the end asked him if he would prepare to have an eternal family by living the law of chastity. He looked at us and said yes. :) After the lesson some of the other missionaries and members were in the hall and he was inviting everyone to his baptism. He is so excited! 

H is doing so great! The members invited us all over for FHE. We taught him about following the prophet. The best part of the entire night was when he sang us a song in Swahili. As he was translating the song he told us that what he was singing about was putting our trust and faith in Jesus Christ. The poor guy grew up in poverty in Uganda. He lived on a coffee farm and for the past 58 years has been drinking coffee. As we taught him about the word of wisdom he committed to cut back a cup a day so he can be baptized in June! We are so excited for him and for the faith he has in Jesus Christ.  

I went to the zoo this last week. While I was at the zoo many things happened. My feet hurt from walking for hours, I saw a baby Rhino, two baby pandas, two lion cubs, a baby polar bear...AND a buffalo. I felt like I was at home when I saw the buffalo. :) Sorry this was a random part of this letter but I had to throw it in there. I was so excited to be there because I think the last time I went to a zoo was when I was in kindergarten. I refused to go into any exhibit where I was  going to see a snake. I am still so terrified of them. 

Well, I have two preparation days this week. I will be emailing again on Saturday. I love you all and I pray for you all all of the time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment