Wednesday, May 11, 2016

An Update

This was such a great week! I love being a missionary.

I went on an exchange in Barrie this week! It was crazy! It took us a little over an hour to get there and we were driving north. The closer and closer I got the more I thought that Sister Turley was actually kidnapping me. ;) Just kidding, but I did ask her who she talks to because there was nothing there but trees and a big lake! But we saw a ton of miracles. One miracle was a member. She had invited her friend over for lunch the week previous and had bore a super powerful testimony and at the end of her shouting she looked at her friend and said, And will you let these sister missionaries teach you?" The woman said yes and then Sister Turley and I went with the same member to teach her a week after that original lesson. In our lesson we invited the member to invite her to be baptized and the member laughed and said of course! While teaching the lady kind of listened to us but every single time the member taught she was fixated on her and soaked everything up.There should be no difference in Missionary work and Member work. When full time missionaries and members work together miracles happen and hearts are changed.

Missionary Leadership Council was so good!! Every time President or Sister Clayton teach us I learn so much. We were talking about the Doctrine of Christ and we were breaking down every point finding scriptures and places in PMG that talked about faith, repentance and so on. At the end of the first two principles he had people bear testimony. When we got to baptism he invited someone to bear testimony. No hands shot up into the air, personally I was trying to think of something to say. Then President broke into tears and told us in a sense that he was disappointed. :( my heart broke. He told us that we are called her to bear witness of Jesus Christ and to baptize and all of our hands should have shot up. Since that day I have thought about that a lot. I have vowed to NEVER decline an invitation to bear my testimony. I know Jesus Christ lives and that he is my savior. Oh and by the way. I have the best mission president in the entire world. He inspires me to become a better disciple every single day. 

We have had many wonderful lessons with our investigators, returning members, and members. But the highlight of my week was hearing two investigators sing I Am a Child of God. I heard them singing and I cried! Then I thought about it again in Gospel principles and I cried again, and it happened again in Relief Society. Then to top it off we were sitting by a returning member who hasn't been to church in forever and she told us that she remembers singing that song and she told us how good it made her feel! My heart is so full! 

Well, I could say lots of things but... this sums up my feelings from this past week. "Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." ALMA 26:16 

I love you! 

p.s. It would be really helpful if you would give me ideas of things to write home about. If you have any questions send them to me and I will try to answer them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment