Monday, August 17, 2015

The Gospel has been RESTORED TELL THE WORLD!

This email will be broken up into days. :) 

Tuesday:This last week our zone set a goal to invite 1300 people to church. There are 13 companionship's in the blessed Hamilton Zone, so we all needed to invite 100 people to church this week. Sister B and I LOVED this challenge. This last ​Tuesday we were walking to our Ward Mission Leaders home we were inviting everyone we saw. Sister B is such a great missionary and was so enthused about the challenge that she invited everyone she could see to join us at church. This woman was running behind us pushing her child in a stroller and when she passed by Sister B took off and ran along side her to invite her to church. I stood back wide eyed and trying to not laugh and watched it all happen. The woman laughed herself and stopped when she figured Sister B was just  going to run along side her. :)  That day when invited 48 people to come to church. And by the end of the week our companionship invited over our goal. And the zone ended up inviting 1400+ to come to church!

Wednesday: I don't know what it is about Sister B, but everyone seems to always want to give us gifts?! We went and visited an older member of our ward this last week to help her with some service. She recently had a pipe break in her apartment and she had a big flood. She had to move everything around and her house was just in total chaos. So we told her we would LOVE to come help her. We got there and she wanted to show us around her house and she took us to her back room and we saw these beautiful paintings. She is such an amazing artist! I instantly fell in love with a painting of the Niagara river. She told me that she would love for me to have it. So she gave it  to me. She also gave Sister B several paintings. She told us she would teach us how to draw and paint someday. I am excited for that day. Then we went and helped a Returning Member with some service, and she gave Sister B an awesome new bag. (Not so new, but new to Sister B) Then we went  to a Recent Converts house and his mom gave us granola and an entire jar of pickles for Sister B. So, if any of you ever want any gifts, find Sister B and then you will receive plenty. 

Thursday: We had an awesome weekly planning day and we were able to set goals for our next week (this week). We really felt inspired and knew Heavenly Father was telling us what we needed to do to help our investigators, returning members, members, and recent converts progress in the gospel. I am so grateful for Heavenly Father answering my prayers.

Friday: This day we had our District Meeting! We worked on Revelation through the Book of Mormon. I have such a testimony of Role Play and personal study. While we were role playing Sister Bell and I were able to find out what we needed to do with one of our Returning Members. Later that night we did that and she committed to reading her Book of Mormon and praying about it for the next week. We were so grateful for our District leader feeling inspired to have District meeting centered on the Book of Mormon.

Later that day the Elders invited our investigator K to come play basketball at the church. Sister B and I decided to go and play with them. K told us that he wasn't going to be able to make it and we were sooo sad. But when we got there Kwas there. And not only was he there but he had invited a friend to come along as well. She was awesome! Her name is K. She had an amazing time playing basketball and she told us she would LOVE to meet with us again! So many of my favorite things happened that day. 1. I was able to beat everyone in bump (Lightning) 2. K introduced a friend to the church. 3. The Book of Mormon answers all of our questions!! 

Sunday: Sister B l and I decided that we wanted to hold a "Why I Believe" fireside a couple weeks ago. We prayed about who we wanted to speak, what the opening song and musical number should be, what Mormon message we should show, and who should say the prayers. We put so much preparation into this fireside and we were praying all week that it  would work out and that there would be a good turn out. It started at 7:00 p.m. last night and at about 6:45 people started showing up. We thought that maybe 20 people would come if we were lucky but 61 people came! We were so excited! The fireside went great. The people who spoke did such a wonderful job and you could feel the spirit testify of the love that God has for all of his children. I know that as we rely completely on the Lord he will help us. But we have to do our part as well. Just like Sister B and I prayed to know what we needed to do, we all need to do the same. But what is important is what we do after we pray. We have to show our intent to our Father. He is not  going to bless us and help us if we are not doing our part. We need to "ask with a sincere heart and real intent" and that is when we are going to be helped. I love the scripture from Ether 12:12"For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith." I testify that as we put our faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ, and we pray to the father with a sincere heart and real intent, willing to act on the answer he gives us. Miracles will happen. Last night was a true miracle as Sister B and I saw 55 members of the church come together and as we saw 6 future members of the church join together to hear the testimonies of those who have truly become converted to the Lord and his Gospel. 
Saturday: The highlight of this day was meeting with K and re-teaching the Restoration. We decided that to help him progress better we would start over. This lesson was my favorite time I have ever taught the Restoration. He asked so many questions and he loved the lesson. I wish I could describe it better! Just know that it was powerful and beautiful. In his prayer he said that he understood better and that he enjoyed the lesson. (Just in his really stubborn sassy wording) :). We were so pumped! I LOVE THE RESTORED GOSPEL. 

Today: I am grateful to be a member of this church. I am also grateful to be a member of the Chelson family. I love the joy I have when each Monday at FHE I am able to quote the Chelson Family motto. I believe that we really do understand who we are because we have been taught about our pre-mortal existence our purpose on earth and the potential we all have in the life to come. I am striving with intention as I actively work and serve my God. I pray for you all hoping that I will be able to build you all up spiritually. And I labor every day in the St. Catharines vineyard the Lord has allowed me to be in charge of, so I can build up the kingdom of God. I love being a member of this family. The Heavenly Family we are all apart of and the Chelson family. I hope you all have a wonderful day. I love you.
-- 
Sister Chelson 

No comments:

Post a Comment