NOTE:THIS LETTER MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE SENSE. READ AT OWN RISK OF BEING CONFUSED.
Wow this week was the busiest week of my entire life, yes even more so than State DYW! President Clayton has changed the way we are doing missionary work here in the CTM. Just because I could talk about it for hours, I will briefly summarize. We are now going to be reporting the usual key indicators like every mission does, but we are also going to be reporting on Returning Members, and Recent converts in the same way we do our investigators. With the new changes in the mission we are going to easily be teaching 20+ lessons each week. Crazy eh? Oh, and on top of that. We are going to be so busy teaching everyone that we won't have time to tract or contact anymore. Sister Clayton actually talked about how if we have a little bit of time we should plan and make calls to meet with people. This doesn't mean we will call people all day if we don't have lessons, of course we will tract and contact. But the idea is that we will be busy teaching members, returning members, recent converts, and investigators. Well, Sister B and I were so excited when we found out about all of this that we left and got to work. President Clayton promised us all that if we would do mission work in this way we would be able to find the elect to teach, that Heavenly Father would place these people in our path. We learned all of this and a whole lot more on Thursday. Like I said, Sister B and I got straight to work. We were so busy teaching people since Thursday that we have not had one minute to knock on a single door. We were able to receive so many referrals from members and non members. And we found a strong potential in between every appointment. I know that this is how the Lord wants missionary work done. I feel so blessed to be able to be apart of it. At the start of this training last Thursday we started by discussing Doctrine and Covenants 82:14. It is such a powerful verse that talks about what the Lord wants us all to be doing. I invite you all to read it and personally set a goal to help achieve that goal. Last night after our follow up calls I counted how many lessons Sister B and I taught and we taught 21 people about the Gospel. I love being a missionary in the Canada Toronto Mission. I am also very sorry if I just confused anyone with this first paragraph! I tend to not make sense when I am excited. :)
Okay, okay, I will write about K, don't worry. ;) He is doing so well! This last week we were able to meet with him several times and he is doing amazing. The first time we met with him this week we finished teaching the Plan of Salvation, and we taught about the importance of prayer. Later that night we got a text from K, in the text he said, "I talked with God. He told me to listen." Sister B and I FREAKED out. I was so excited that I did a back flip off of the car we were walking past...Okay that was a lie I am sorry. But I was so excited! THHEEEENN the next morning we got anther text of him telling us that God told him to trust in our religion and that it was good! THEEENNN we met with him Friday. We had planned to teach him about the Law of the Fast but when we asked him if we had read his Book of Mormon he said that he had not. We pulled out our books and we started to read in Alma 22. K loved the entire chapter and told us that he learns so much from the Book of Mormon. And that he believes it is the word of God. Before we even asked him to read he told us that he wanted to read another story like Alma 22 so we had him read the story of Alma the younger. That night he told us that he loved how Alma gained his testimony, he also told us that he was going to start from the start. So, from all of that you can see that K is an amazing person. Last night when we were talking about his Baptism Date he told us that he wants to be completely loyal and true to his decision. He told us he has been praying to ask God if he should be a Mormon. God told him that he needs to use his agency. He is doing all he can to prepare to be baptized. I love the Gospel. :)
Our other investigators are also starting to progress! Four of the people we meet with LOVE this Bible, which is awesome because so do I, and they just have been having a hard time with the Book of Mormon. All we can do is to invite people to pray about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I know that they will receive their witness. I love Ether 12:12. Miracles will happen if people exercise faith. All four of them told us that when the came to know that this is true that they would be baptized!
The Zone Leaders do YSA work in this zone so they have the option of going to any area and working there. This last Friday Sister B and I got a call from them. Just the night before they had called us and followed up with us on our obedience and our area. So it was really weird when they told us they "felt impressed to call us" and when they asked us about our obedience. My heart dropped. The only other time I have ever felt my heart drop like that was when I was in High School and I got called to the principles office. I was in Seminary and had to walk back to the school and the entire time I was walking back I was thinking about every single thing I could have done wrong. Yes, I did the same thing this time. After five seconds of Sister B and I not knowing what to say we said "good", questioning ourselves. They started screaming and laughing and they told us that they had found us a family of four to teach! My emotions were all over the place I went from so nervous and sick to Celestial happiness and ,idk, puppies! Heavenly Father blesses his missionaries as they are obedient. I am so grateful for an obedient companion. Sister B is the best.
I don't have much to say about food this week.. But to explain the entire weeks food experience, I will give you one phrase. TWO ICE CREAM CONES. 

So Porter visited my house this week!! I wish I had time to tell you the story from his side but I don't! I was so happy and giggly about it all day! I will put the picture on the bottom! :) He is crazy. I have the best family! All is well in St. Catharines. I love you all!








No comments:
Post a Comment