This week was awesome as usual.
Well family, I can tell you one thing that is 100% true. I know that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. This last week has really allowed me to evaluate my relationship with my Heavenly Father. I spent a lot of time on my knees asking for guidance. And I know that he answered.
K is still doing amazing. This week we were able to meet with him several different times and each time we saw him progress in miraculous ways! We met with him earlier this week and when we first saw him we could see a physical change in his appearance. He was glowing. It is just something that I can not describe. It's amazing how going to church can help people progress so much in the gospel. Later on this last week, we invited him to come to a members house and have ice cream and cake, cause who doesn't want to spend their Friday night with LDS members eating ice cream and cake? We told him we were going to talk about the priesthood and it would be super fun. He agreed to come and our returning member C, who officially is an active member of the ward now, picked him up and they both came! C also invited another non member friend and they all came! The cake was awesome! Sister C was the member who invited us to her home is so amazing. She is the one who sends pictures to you all? Yes, she is amazing. Anyways, we taught the priesthood and he LOVED IT. After the lesson was over we were having eternal small talk and asked him about church. He told us he really liked it but he wished he could have had a tour of the church. So we invited him to have a chapel tour with us the next day!
He has so many wonderful questions and I am so grateful for Sister B because she has so many wonderful answers. She took the lead on the church tour and you could tell that K felt the spirit. We finished in the Chapel. We reminded him about the priesthood as we taught him about the sacrament. While we were showing him the paper and microphone Sister C said, "Well, why don't you just read the paper? You're going to be doing it soon enough anyways!" Sister B and I looked at each other with wide eyes not knowing what to think. And guess what?! He did it! He was grinning from ear to ear after he read it. We finished our lesson with a prayer that he gave. It was so wonderful. When we were saying good bye to him we invited him to come to church. He forgot that it was Sunday the next day and told us he didn't know if he would make it, but that he would make it a priority.
Later that night we texted him reminding him and he said he wasn't going to be able to make it. We were so bummed!! But, right before we went to bed we sent him a text sharing a testimonies of the church and the blessings that come from going. We also offered him a ride. As we woke up the next morning we were hoping we would see a text from him, but we didn't. While we were doing our studies we got a text and sure enough it was from K. It said, "Is it to late to get that ride?" We were so excited to see him come to church with C. Then to add to our excitement we loved seeing him read the Book of Mormon while the sacrament was being passed. Then, as if our joy was not enough, he had so much fun as he set up a family history account and worked with some of the members on his family work. After church as we were driving home Sister B told me that she had fasted for K. I felt the spirit. I am so grateful for Sister B and her faith she has. Heavenly Father truly is blessing us here.
I have not done a weekly update on food lately!! You want to know why? Well, food has been making me extremely sick. :( At first I thought it was because I was eating to much, it's hard not to when the food is so darn good. But when I stopped eating as much and it didn't help I got a little worried. So I talked to the mission nurse and she had me only eat crackers, bananas, and apple sauce. It was a really fun diet! haha I am feeling so much better now though, I can eat normal food now and I only feel sick about half of the time! :)
We have really been trying to exercise more. I love to run and Sister B doesn't really like to so we had to compromise. So what we do is run to a park nearby, then we do some work outs on the ground, running in between, then we run back. It has been so fun! I have been so sore.
Yes, we have more than one investigator. But we drop alot of them this last week :( It is always so sad when you have to stop teaching people. You grow to love them and really want them to be happy. We know that this Gospel is what allows us to be happy but sometimes people just aren't ready. So, in a couple months another set of missionaries will pick those former investigators back up and maybe they will be prepared then. The people we are teaching are amazing. They really allow us to study the Bible and the Book of Mormon out so we truly do understand what we believe. I am grateful for both books and the knowledge I get as I learn more about the Savior.
Sister B is really good at making cookies. This last week we decided we were going to try and drop by as many members as possible and bring them cookies. We started with the older members of the ward. They are so wonderful and have amazing testimonies. Then we went to the young moms. It has been really fun being surrounded by little kids and babies. Sister B and I tease about all of our new best friends in the ward because all of the young moms are about 5-10 years older than us and just LOVED having someone to talk to. They almost all said, "Wow, it is just so nice to have company." It has been so fun.
From visiting the younger couples in the ward we had an amazing opportunity. We had family home evening last night with a wonderful family in the ward. About a week ago we got a call from the mom telling us that her son invited one of his friends and his mom to come, so they did. Last night we were able to meet this wonderful young single mom. We had a blast at FHE, and she told us she would love to see us again sometime. I am so grateful for the example children are to us. It was so cool to see missionary work happening at such a young age.
This week has been amazing I love you all so much.
Sister Chelson
No comments:
Post a Comment