This week was another amazing week in St. Catharines. We live in the basement apartment! I have bugs in my bed almost every day! It is so fun to have nature wake me up every morning! Haha, the apartment is awesome, we have alot of room to study and do everything we need to do to feel the spirit. I love the members we are living with. They are so nice, the other night Sister N came down and she had made us home made pina coladas. We are lucky girls.

(playing basketball with ward members)
We were dropping by an investigator this week to bring her the Restoration DVD. She wasn't home so we knocked on all of the doors on her street, nobody was interested. But one door we knocked on opened up the door and we told her that we were missionaries and we would love to share a message with her. She invited us right on in. She is from Mexico and had two of the cutest children in the entire world. They were so beautiful. Anyways, we taught her the Restoration, and invited her to be baptized. (I have been learning how to speak Spanish while I have been in St. Catherines. So when we got to the Book of Mormon I started to speak in Spanish and said, "El Libro De Mormon Testifica de JesuChristo." She looked at me and smiled and said ci. ) She told us that she would be baptized after she read and prayed about the Book of Mormon. She also told us that she wanted her husband listen to what we were teaching because they both have been looking for a church. Before we were leaving we noticed we didn't even ask her name because we were so in shock of her letting us come in and teach her a lesson. When she asked her what her name was she said it was S, she then gave us her number. As you all know we were just white washed into this area and we haven't been able to meet all of our new investigators in person. S actually was one of our investigators!! We were so excited to share the Restoration with her.
(playing basketball with ward members)
Sister C is a wonderful lady in our ward. She has a son serving in Texas and loves supporting and helping the missionaries in hope that someone in her sons ward is doing the same thing. She invited her non member nephew and niece to take the discussions. J came, and from the very beginning was involved and loved what we were sharing. We invited them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. They told us that they would read from it. Sister C bore her testimony about families and how she can be with her entire family if they will all decide to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. Sister B is an amazing missionary and recognizing the spirit from the family members testimony, invited them to be baptized. J and R both said that they would be baptized when they read the Book of Mormon. The spirit was so strong. I am so proud of Sister B. She really is a pre-trained missionary and teaches so powerfully with the spirit guiding her words. She teaches me so much every week. I just love her to death.
This week we had alot of time to knock on doors. At the start of this week, we knocked on H's door. We testified from the very start that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. We were able to teach him about The Restoration and Joseph Smith briefly, seeing as how it was pouring rain outside. But we were invited to come back and share more with him. The day we were supposed to meet with him( two days later) he called us and said that he was going to have to cancel. He felt so bad and really wanted to meet. We told him it was okay and asked if he was still interested. He told us he was and when we asked him if he had read from the Book of Mormon he said, "Of Course, I have only read like 15 pages though. It really has a lot of answers." Sister B and I were driving back from a appointment and I decided to pull off on the side of the road to make sure I could dance and scream safely (your welcome Porter). It was a true blessing.
L called us yesterday and left a voicemail saying she was in a crisis and that she had been to six churches that day and that she really needed our help. We gave her a call and she said that she wasn't happy with what was going on in her church and she really needed something else in her life. We told her she called the right people and promised her that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints truly will bring her happiness and peace.
Today as we were finishing our shopping this man playing his guitar on the curb caught my attention. Sister B and I went back to the car and put the groceries away. Right after we closed the trunk door and locked the car we walked over to this guy and started talking to him about his guitar. After small talk he said "aren't you mormons?" we smiled and told him we were. He went on talking about how he had a copy of the Book of Mormon once and how he reads the bible. We asked him if he wanted to read it and he looked up at us and nodded his head. I pulled out a Book of Mormon and gave it to him, and read Moroni's promise. We told him that if he wanted to find peace and happiness and truly come closer to god. He felt bad and told us that he couldn't take it without paying us for it. He was sitting down on the curb so I kneeled down by him and told him that we would make a deal. He would take the Book of Mormon and his payment would be meeting with us. He smiled and told us it was a deal and we shook hands on it.
Heavenly Father is preparing people to hear the gospel every single day. We are blessed to be missionaries and see miracles happen like this every day.
A handful of times this week we were put in situations where we had to defend on our faith. Last night as we were tracting we went talked to this guy who told us that the only time he feels the holy ghost is when he is "smoking the herb". He went on telling me that I do not have a good relationship with my Heavenly Father and that I don't realize what I am talking about. Sister B and I left after we told him that we indeed did have the truth and that what we offer is far greater than any drug he could take. We invited him to church and told him to look at mormon.org. As we were walking away he cursed and yelled at us. Another man told me that I needed to swallow my pride and know that God doesn't answer anybody, and that I was no exception. These two stories are just small examples about times where people ridicule our faith. It made me think about the story in the Book of Mormon where Corihor asked for proof and was struck dumb. Each of the people who told me I was wrong first asked me for proof. Proof will never be enough, we have to act in our faith.
This week I decided that I would pray more fervently than I ever have in my life. It works! I love telling people with 100% faith that he does answer! I can feel his love everyday in my life, and I know he is guiding me. Ask him!
I love you,
Sister Chelson
No comments:
Post a Comment