Monday, July 6, 2015

Canada Day, July Fourth, The Area, D&C 29:18

Well this last week was amazing. We celebrated two holidays, we have an amazing area and people to teach, D&C 29:18 happened in our apartment and we saw miracles. I love being a missionary. I don't think people understand how sacred of a calling it is until you are one. I love this crazy, fun filled adventure I am on. 

Canada Day: OH CANADA! Sister B and I had the best Canada ever this year! It was filled with 100+ doors, funny people, and people we love. We only had one appointment on the 1st. And it was in the evening so we decided we were going to tract all day long! We knocked on over 100 doors! It was so awesome! We knocked on this door and an amazing lady named L opened up and let us right on in. She offered us a glass of water and wanted to know so much! As we were talking to her she was telling us how important it is to her to keep the Sabbath Day! We told her, "WE TOTALLY AGREE!" We found out that she is a Seventh Day. She started asking more about the mormons and we talked about the Great Apostasy and how the priesthood was lost and has been restored on the earth again and that the only church with the Priesthood is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints. She loved the idea of what we told her and asked for a Book of Mormon. We gladly gave her one! While we were there I was talking about Jesus the Christ and the Book of Mormon, and how they helped me understand more about the Sabbath Day. She then told us she wanted to borrow my Jesus the Christ. I was a little hesitant to give it to her because it is my second favorite reading material, but she promised I could have it back. And we see her alot anyways so I trust her. 

We also met with a LA member. He has been to church 3 weeks in a row now! He had fallen away for a long time, but loved being back. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he told us that he didn't think that Heavenly Father would trust him anymore because he had asked for help before with overcoming an addiction and was doing so well but just decided to give up. He told us that he would just trust himself. We shared Proverbs 3:5-6 with him and told him that if he trusted with god and prayed just as Enos did that he would be forgiven. He prayed with so much power that he would be able to quit and promised us that he would pray and ask for help. So you can say that we had a pretty good Canada Day. :)

July Fourth: OH BEAUTIFUL FOR SPACIOUS SKIES! I love being American!!! We had a great 4th of July! Every that saw us in the ward told us happy 4th and we very nice. We were busy all day with appointments and then we were able to go to dinner with a family from the states.  They called us the night before asking us what our families usually ate on that day so we told them hot dogs and hamburgers. Sister said Jello and the Sister laughed and laughed and told us that she now knows she is from Utah... But when we got there they told us that we were having Steak and Grilled vegetables. My jaw dropped. I didn't think I would have steak on a mission! And dad, I love you, but I think it was the best steak I have ever had in my life! It was so good. They were such a cute family, and we taught the boys how to teach the Restoration. They are going to be such good missionaries some day. 

St. Catharines: Wow. I love the people I am serving.  

D&C 29:18: Well, this last week after a fabulous run Sister B and I got back to the apartment and were stretching on the floor. I saw this little white bug crawling on the floor. I FREAKED out. We started to look around and we saw so many of these little bugs. Sister B and I yelled up to the people we live with. They came down and told us that it was a maggot. So, we spent the next hour and a half cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. We wanted to be obedient with our morning schedule so we had about five minutes to get ready and well, we just looked really gross the entire day. I am glad that I am not searching for an eternal companion right now because I wouldn't have found him that day. So, we found out that the reason that we had maggots was because this really big fly and babies. So, flies are nasty as ever, and don't be bad enough to have the Lord send maggots, because not even the vilest sinners should have to deal with those. 


I love you all! We will work even harder this week than we did the last. 

Sister Chelson 

No comments:

Post a Comment