Monday, June 15, 2015

Standards of Excellence, Transfers, Plan of Salvation

Well...this week has been an amazing week! I love Canada and  I love Milton. 

Sister Dayton and I have really been trying and praying to be able to reach the Standards of Excellence. (The goals President Clayton has set to achieve the mission vision) And we were able to achieve two of those. Member present lessons, and new investigators. We were so excited! The other goals are ones are only achieved by the agency of our investigators. So, I am so sad to say we didn't achieve those. I love when I get an email or a letter asking me what you can pray for. And my answer to you will be to pray for the Canada Toronto Mission to achieve the standards of excellence. And then my request for you would  be to find out the mission vision and goals in your area and help your missionaries achieve them! :) (D&C 6:1) Be apart of this marvellous work! 

This last week was the last week of our transfer! The mission was able to accomplish so much. President Clayton challenged the entire mission, every zone, district, and companionship to find two new investigators. (That is the standard of excellence) Yesterday some people in our zone hadn't found these new people! Our zone-leaders asked Sister Dayton and I to go to another area and help them find new investigators. We called the other sisters and asked what area they would like us to work in. We went exactly to the street and started knocking on doors and singing songs! We made it all the way down one street, probably about 25, and nobody would even let us sing! I really wanted to be able to help the Hamilton Missionaries out, and I knew that it was possible for us to find a new investigator. As we were walking across the road I was praying to Heavenly Father that we would be able to find someone. And the very next door we knocked on this WONDERFULLY PREPARED lady named Candy let us sing her a song and teach her about the Gospel. She is excited to learn more about our church. We need to turn to Heavenly Father in all things. He will answer us, we just need to ask. () The mission was able to have 98% of the companionships find two new investigators. (Mormon 9:18-19)

Like I previously mentioned, this was the last week of the transfer! And you know what that means? Transfer calls (TC)! I will define transfer calls for you all. TC:A time when missionaries are stressed beyond belief, and wait for an hour and a half to see if they are getting called by the Assistants or President Clayton. Around this time missionaries may; pace around, roll on the floor, check the phone every five seconds, and sometimes cry. They also may have weird cravings such as; nutella and peanut butter, pancakes, and deep dish pizza. So you may be wondering what this has to do with anything? I'm leaving my birthplace in the mission!! :( Me and my new companion are going to be white washing into a new area that previously was an Elder's area. I am not sure who my new companion is yet. But what I do know is that she is on a plane right now travelling from the MTC. I'm so nervous to train. But I am so grateful for the chance Heavenly Father has given me to serve a wonderful sister. Will you all please pray for my new companion and that she will be obedient, work hard, and have a love and desire to serve the Lord? And will you also pray for the wonderful people living in St. Catherines. 

I have loved serving with Sister Dayton she is such an amazing missionary. I know that I say that would alot, amazing. But it is so true. She has helped me grow to become a more consecrated missionary. She has so much charity, and is so selfless. I am grateful for the wonderful trainer she has been. I am grateful to still be in the same zone as her and I can imagine when we see each other it will be similar to the time when Alma and the Sons of Mosiah met up.   (Alma 17:2) I was very blessed with the trainers I have had. 


This week we were teaching one of our investigators about the Plan of Salvation. He has been M.I.A pretty much this entire transfer. I was on exchanges in Hamilton when Sister Dayton taught him the Restoration. We were able to drop by a couple times and garden and talk about the Book of Mormon, but we haven't been able to teach him about the wonderful plan Heavenly Father has. We know that the Book of Mormon and the spirit are the two best resources, and that if we teach using them, the person listening will feel the spirit. Right before our lesson Sister Dayton and I were biking back from a dinner appointment on the other side of town and we saw this little old lady pulling weeds, we knew that we did not have time to help. But we decided to do it anyway. We ended up being about fifteen minutes late, and really sweaty at his house. We totally forgot the paper that had all of the scriptures we had planned to use! But as we started the lesson the spirit took control and guided us to the scriptures we had planned before. The lesson was the most spiritual lesson I have ever been in. After we left his house, I was so happy I almost crashed on my bike. But it would have been worth it. Every time I study, teach, or hear the Plan of Salvation  I am so happy. And that is because it is the PLAN OF HAPPINESS. I know that I lived with God before I lived (Jeremiah 1:5), that I am preparing to be with him again (Alma 34:32) , and that I have potential to become like him in the life to come (3 Nephi 12:48). And nothing makes me more happy to know that he loved, loves,  and will love me through the entire journey. 

So for the time being, if you would like to send me a letter, please wait until next week when I can get you the new address. I love you all, and I pray for you. 

Sister Chelson

No comments:

Post a Comment