Tuesday, April 26, 2016

What are you willing to do?

Boy oh boy was this a good week! 

R is doing super good! This week we had a really cool experience with him. Background on him. He has been attending other churches so for him to come to church he would have to attend the YSA branch which starts at the end of our wards meetings. He came to church last week and thought that it was a cool experience. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation this week! While teaching him about our life on earth we told him that the way to return back to our Heavenly Father was through living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We asked if he had prayed about his baptism date and he told us that at first he was a little skeptical about it but that he had prayed and that he decided that that would be the best for him. He committed right then to come to church at ten and to not attend any other churches. Then the next time we met with him (I was in a different area for this one) we taught him the second half of the Plan of Salvation. He LOVED the Atonement and told us that he had never heard of it before. Then when talking about the kingdoms of glories he was quoting scripture about it. He is so excited to be baptized and we are so excited for him as well. It is really something that when people decide to get baptized it is because of their own personal witness of Jesus Christ through the Book of Mormon and prayer. We could teach them everything about the church but it would never matter unless they read and prayed about the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful to be able to serve as a full time instrument for the Lord for 18 months. I know that I have been called to declare His gospel but the spirit is the one who  teaches the people, all I need to do is search, ponder, and pray about the scriptures and for the people I am teaching and then show up. The Lord does the rest. 

H is also preparing to be a missionary...oops I meant be baptized. H is super cool. He wants to be a missionary so bad. He has been telling his family about the church and has been reading the Book of Mormon like crazy. He is so prepared to make his first covenant with the Lord.

We have the coolest returning members in the entire province of Ontario. I love them. One super cool person is D. She is a native and was baptized about 45 years ago. Her foster parents in Alberta have been in close contact with us as we have been teaching her about the church. Due to vision complications she can hardly see and will not be able to see for another month until she gets her surgery. But as we were teaching her about the Book of Mormon this week she said, "Oh yeah I read that." We were both confused because we know that she can't read and she continued to tell us that she found a ultra magnifying glass and was reading the Book of Mormon the best she could. My heart bursts with joy as I think of that sweet women doing all she can to understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. So here is the question... What are you willing to do to understand more fully our saviors doctrine? I can't help but think of the Prophet Joseph Smith and all of the saints when I think about people doing all they could to know or live the gospel. The were cast out of every single place that they lived and some were murdered because of their quest to understand. Today we don't have to deal with any of that. Today all we have to do is open an app and read. But do we do it? I am so grateful for Donna and for the example that she is to me of doing all we can to understand. I want to invite everyone here to think of what you would be willing to do to more fully understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. And then I want you invite you to do it! I know that I was deeply called to repentance by the example of all of these faithful members of the church who did all that they could do. They were willing to do it all because they loved their savior.  I have so much that I need to do to improve, and I will do all that I can. I am grateful for my savior. I love him and I know him. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful week! Know that I pray for you. Know that the reason I am on a mission is to help people create eternal families like my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment