What a wonderful wonderful weekend. I am so grateful for our dear prophet, Thomas S. Monson. His talk was amazing. Something that stuck with me from his talk was the phrase, "make the harder right or the easier wrong." I wonder how often we make the easier wrong. Many times we were reminding about our eternal destiny and potential. Our agency is key to that and we need to do things that are hard to get there. I love my prophet.
This week was such a crazy week!! We were able to invite so many people to come to General Conference and we taught so many wonderful people about Christs restored gospel. :) A couple weeks ago Sister Wilson and I were walking hanging up ESL flyers when Sister Wilson tried to talk to a girl with earphones in. She didn't pay attention due to her loud music but finally we got her attention. We told her about a living prophet and told her we would love to share a message with her. She said yes and we met with her early last week. C was running a bit behind and Sister Wilson and I decided to wait just a bit longer to see if she would come. SHE DID! We taught her about the Restoration and though it is simply it powerfully touched her heart. She told us that she had gone to her original church last week for the first time in a long time. She said that she could feel something and that when we taught her about the Restoration she felt it again. I am so grateful for the spirit. She accepted our invitation to be baptized but told us that she would soon be moving back to London. We are going to continue to teach her for a week then we will pass her onto the London YSA sisters. I am so grateful for experiences like this where I can feel the spirit working through me to teach God's children. The Gospel is true.
I love you all. I hope that you all have a great week. This next Sunday is transfer calls!
No comments:
Post a Comment