Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Miracle Week!

This week we saw so many miracles!

Miracle on Monday: As we got done with preparation day we were in the elevator going to an appointment and this man asked us if we were JW's. We told him that we weren't and that we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He told us that he loves to learn about religion and asked us if we could come teach him about our church. Sister Jensen and I have been praying so hard that we would find more people to teach. This was such a blessing for us. As we walked out of the door we ran into our neighbors. On New Years Eve they brought us a gift and since that time we have ran into them several times. We gave them some of the missionary pamphlets. As we were talking to them outside they told us that they have been reading all of the pamphlets and that they love them. They even mentioned the blessings and miracles they have seen in their life since they started praying correctly. The topic of coffee came up and we told them that we would bring them a word of wisdom pamphlet. They were super excited! As we were walking away from those fifteen minutes of miracles Sister Jensen and I looked at each other slightly confused but smiling ear to ear. The rest of the night was equally as amazing. 

Miracle on Tuesday: Tuesday I was on exchanges with Sister Bott. She is a sister training leader in Oshawa! She and I were both trained by Sister Dayton, and because of that we kept reminding each other of Sister Dayton. We laughed all day and taught many many lessons. Tuesday night we had a lesson with a potential investigator named E. He was a former investigator we found a couple days back and we dropped by and said we could come back Tuesday night. We brought the Relief Society President with us. She is super cool. She is from the Philippines and converted from Catholicism around thirty years ago. As we taught the Restoration she bore a solid testimony of the Book of Mormon and prayer. With out Sister S we would not have been able to solidly invite him to read and pray. Eric had his questions answered by her. Bringing members to our lessons really is key. The people we teach can not progress with out the fellowship of the members. This week with your spare time, call the missionaries and go teach with them. 

Miracle on Wednesday: This day we had  MLC! Sister Bell just said it best to me in an email.." mlc was so great. i don't think i have ever felt the spirit that strong for that long of a time in my whole life. i love it. i love president Clayton. he seriously is the best. i just love everything!" Amen to that Sister Bell. :) While we were in this meeting we discussed the misson culture of the Canada Toronto Mission. After the discussion we concluded with three things that make up the culture of the CTM. 

2. We are a PMG mission
3. We are consecrated disciples of Jesus Christ (one of my all time favorite scriptures 3 Nephi 5:13) 

I know that these three things is what makes up the missionaries in the CTM. This is a great mission. The reason this is a miracle is because it has shaped this mission. In the last month as we all have been fasting and praying about what our Mission Culture is, this is what we have become. We understand that we are called here to teach repentance and to baptize true converts every transfer, PMG is the way of accomplishing it, and as we have that focus we become consecrated disciples of Jesus Christ. This mission is best mission in the world, ask President Monson. 

Miracle on Thursday: This was such a happy day for me. I was in Bayview South which is a Mandarin speaking area. I learned so much from the wonderful sister I was with. She is a convert and is one of two members in her entire family. She had a solid testimony of the role of the Holy Ghost in conversion. She taught me that we have to listen, love, and testify of Christ for the spirit to teach. It was evident in her teaching that she is a master at this. I couldn't understand much of what was going on in the lessons. But as I watched the eyes and body language of the people she taught you could tell that the spirit was teaching them. Sister Deng is also still in her training. This was her first time alone in her area and she killed it! She taught me how to say "I know what my companion said is true." and "I love you." In Chinese. :) 

Miracle of Friday: Porter....I had to see a python....it was a pet of a house we had dinner at. It was super scary. In the white hand book it says that we always need to be in sight and sound of our companions....well that rule was really hard when my companion was holding a snake around her neck! Anyways, after the snake was put away we had a lovely dinner with the Howard family. He is a LA member and she is a non-member. We asked them how religion has played a role in their lives and after listening to so many wonderful stories we testified to them of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. They told us that they wanted to learn more, and invited us over again for dinner this week. They were amazing.

Miracle of Saturday: Wow.. This day was incredible. We taught ESL, found three investigators, contacted three referrals, received two referrals and had many many lessons. One of the lessons we taught was with Roger! He was the man that we ran into in the elevator that asked us to come over and teach him. While we were there we asked if anyone else in the home would like to join us. He then called K and Ke his sons to come and here the good news. We taught the Restoration simply but powerfully and testified that God answers all prayers asked with a sincere heart. Sister Soutar also came to this lesson and even more powerfully and boldly testified of Jesus Christs church. It was amazing. We invited them all to be baptized and they said yes. Then at the end of the lesson he told us that he wanted this wife and a friend of his to come to the next lesson. I have always wanted to help a family progress towards a temple sealing and I firmly know that this family will be there. 

Miracle of Sunday: Well... I ran out of time to email. But just know many miracles happened! :) I love you God Bless you! 

I just love Toronto. It is Beautiful. 

We went to the ROM. I thought this was fitting.
I took this picture of this bird. It was on the top of the next building over.
A TTC tie.. every missionaries dream. I got it from a bus driver and he gave me his clip as well.













No comments:

Post a Comment