Monday, February 22, 2016

An Update from Canada

I feel like I just emailed you yesterday! This week just flew on by.
​Transfers have come! I have loved to serve with Sister Jensen. She is my best friend and I just love her so much. She is going to be serving in a really small area named Simcoe with two other missionaries who are pretty young. One starting her second and one starting her fifth! She is going to love it. I really am sad that I won't be with her...but! I will see her again in a couple months! My new companion is Sister Wilson. She came out with Sister Bell. Right before I left to go to the MTC I had a girl message me on Facebook telling me she was going to go to the CTM as well. She asked me some questions and me not really paying attention I forgot to email her back. When I was called to train I remembered that this sister was going to be coming out and I thought for sure I was going to train her. But then I trained Sister Bell, who is wonderful. Now Sister Wilson will be coming and joining me! I love Toronto and I never want to leave!
I just have one story for today. The other day Sister Jensen and I were heading back from an appointment. We were walking towards the nearest subway station and were talking with everyone along the way. The man that we were talking with wasn't interested in learning more about our message. We asked him if he knew anyone that would like to learn more about Jesus Christ and all of a sudden we hear an enthusiastic "ME!" shouted from somewhere. I looked up, down, left and right trying to find this marvelous being who wanted to learn more. Then I saw her... "Y". We walked over to her laughing and smiling at her excitement to hear our message. She said,
 "What can I do for you, or what can you do for me seeing as how I already know God."​ I said, "Have you ever heard about the RESTORED Gospel of Jesus Christ?"  She said no so we started to teach her about the Restoration. She was super cool! As we walked away we just laughed and laughed. Toronto is the best.
Sorry for the short email! I have lots of pictures I need to transfer to some sisters. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment