Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Many are Called but Few are Frozen

Yes everybody! Canada is super cold. Did you all know that your nose hairs freeze? Haha I didn't until this week! But I survived! Last night I was even walking around with my normal boots. This morning however we woke up to lots of snow! :) I love Canada alot.

This will be a pretty short email!
Brother M is still doing wonderful! We have been meeting with him and his mom for about six weeks and this last week Mama S decided to no longer investigate the church. We went over and were going to teach her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When we got in there it was really smokey and she just looked so sad. We sat down and talked and she told us that she was not ready to be baptized because she could not give up her smoking and coffee. She had tried to quite cold turkey and almost killed herself. We were so sad, we told her we loved her and went over the 12 steps to recovery book with her again so she would follow the guidelines correctly. As we were leaving she said the prayer and apologized to Heavenly Father for not being willing to give up her addictions for him. Mama S will be baptized someday. :) Brother M was super supportive about it all. He actually has been stronger since his mom stopped.

I love when members of the church actively fulfil callings. Last night we got a call from a new member telling us that his home teachers just left from giving him a blessing. They had heard he had been having a hard time and when he didn't answer his phone they decided to just go by. It is amazing when people love the people whom they serve, it changed his night.

Exchanges were super fun! We saw many miracles. I was with Sister Womack in Ajax. She is in her last week of her mission! We got to teach an investigator her final lesson before her baptism interview. The power and love that Sister Womack displayed was indescribable. After the lesson her investigator was interviewed and passed the interview and will be getting baptized! It was a great day. I also exchanged with Sister Wheldon! She came to my area and we had such a good day. We were able to teach several lessons! Sister Wheldon is from Texas and LOVES Texas. Haha she always says, "My loyalty is first to Texas, then to the USA." So... this is super happy everybody. Sister Dayton and I were companions in my second transfer as a missionary. She and I got to go on an exchange yesterday! I learned so much from her. Something that I loved about the exchange was our prayers. Every prayer we said we asked Heavenly Father to help us find people that day who would be baptized. As we went out we saw miracles. We found so many sweet potentials who were so ready to hear the gospel. Prayer works everybody! :)

This Sunday Sister Jensen and I were  trying to find a member to go and visit and we had a hilarious but awesome experience. We were sitting at the table calling people and I told Sister Jensen that we were both going to receive revelation about who to call and that the people that came to our mind would be the same. Sister Jensen looked at me and asked who I was thinking of and I responded, "The A's" She then burst into laughter and told me that she had been thinking the exact same person. It is a silly story but it happens all of the time. We watch the PMG planning videos every morning and one of them talks about how when we pray and ask for guidance we will be able to receive answers. I am so grateful for Sister Jensen. She is a consecrated obedient missionary and because of that we are able to receive inspiration as a companionship for our area. :)

Well, there was many other things that happened but I can't just type my day away! I love you all. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment