Wow! Transfer calls were last night and Sister B and I will be staying in St. Catharines!!! We will be in a trio for the entire transfer! That is really really exciting! Her name is Sister L. She was in my zone for my first transfer. I wish I knew more about her so I could tell you all about how wonderful she is, but I have only talked to her once :) But what I do know is that she is a powerful missionary and she has been serving for a little bit longer than I have. I am excited!!
This last week we were able to go to the Temple as a mission! It was so wonderful. I was able to go and do the Temple work for Elizabeth Bubach. I know that the work that we do in the temple is real and that our family is waiting for us to help them! I am so grateful for the temple. :) Thanks Daddy for sending that family name. Go and seal that family together now!!
This last week was such a wonderful week. We were able to meet with so many different people. :)
Our investigators are doing awesome! We had a really good finding this week! We were so busy one day that all of our appointments seemed to be thirty minutes later then when they were actually supposed to be. So while we were rushing to teach a family we saw this awesome guy with a bandanna carrying boxes. So we ran across the street and we asked him if he needed help. HE told us that he didn't need any help so we started talking about God! He started asking us questions and my companions being missionaries like the ones in the Book of Mormon started to answer all of his questions through the scriptures. After talking for a while he told us that just the other day he had been praying for something good to come into his life. We told him that this was an answer to his prayers. :) We set up an appointment and are going to be meeting with him again this week! We had another instance very similar to this but this time he was telling us how he and his friends were just talking about how Christs church MUST be on the earth today! We told him that he was right and then after talking we set up an appointment to meet with him this week. :) Heavenly Father will always place people in our paths, and he will always put words in our mouth so we will be able to touch the hearts of the people we meet.
Have any of you ever had a headache so bad you can't open your eyes? This last Saturday I woke up with a headache. I just brushed it off and went on with our day but progressively it just got worse. After dinner we were going to go and drop off papers for the ward council members so we were going to be driving for the rest of the night. I didn't think that it was really safe for me to be driving because I wasn't feeling very good so Sister B drove. (She was very excited to drive in Canada for the first time. Haha it was the most adorable thing ever. She was grinning from ear to ear.) Anyways, as we were driving my headache got worse. We decided to have Sister O sit in the front with Sister B and have me lay down in the back. Well, while I was sitting in the back it got worse and worse. I couldn't open my eyes it hurt so bad. Then came the stomach ache, then came the sweating...I was in so much pain. I have experienced pretty bad headaches with the concussions I had in high school and I have never felt so much pain in my life. I was just silently crying in the back seat and I guess I must have looked pretty bad because Sister B and Sister O called the District leader and told them that I needed a blessing. We drove back to the church and when the Elders pulled up they told me that I looked so sad and sick. I don't remember much of this but I guess I yelled out the window to them that I was dying.. I am so grateful for the blessing that I received. The District Leader, Elder J, gave me such a wonderful blessing centered on the power of the Atonement. After the blessing they all insisted that I go home and sleep. As I was saying my prayer I felt so bad. I told Heavenly Father that I was sorry I couldn't do his work that night. But that I had tried my hardest. I know that is all he asks of us is to try. I am so grateful for the priesthood. I know that it has been restored. I was able to wake up the next morning with only a slight headache, and now I don't have one at all. I know that because of the Atonement we can all be healed spiritually and PHYSICALLY. God loves each of us so much. Right now while I am away from my Dad, I know that I can ask for a priesthood blessing and that it will come from the same source, my loving Heavenly Father.
I love you all. I hope you have a great week. Know that I am praying for you and that I am so grateful to be serving my mission. You all have helped me so much.
Sister Chelson
No comments:
Post a Comment