Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The latest from Canada

Hello Family! Seret Lek! (That is I love you in Hungarian.) This was a wonderful week! I will apologize now. This email may or may not be very long but I will do my best. :) 

May I just start by telling you all how great mom is? I just love her so much. She wrote me a wonderful email this week. :) Aren't we all lucky to know her? I am so excited about all that happened in this last week. It was a wonderful week as usual. We are now in Spanish work and English work covering the St. Catharines ward and the St. Catharines Spanish branch, our recent converts are the best, as well as our investigators.

Yes, Spanish work. Funny Story. So Elder J, my district leader from the past two transfers, was a Spanish missionary. He and his companion Elder S were covering the branch located in St. Catharines because the only thing I can say is El Libro De Mormon testifica de JesuChristo, and even though that is really good, I would need to know a little more to be able to help people. Anways, Elder J left the area and Elder S never was a language missionary. We were at a meeting last Sunday with all of the WML's, Bishops and Branch President's, and the missionaries serving in the stake and when we split into groups talking about how we can help the work move forward we saw the Spanish branch members talking to President Clayton. After, they came up and talked with us and begged that we would help them! We told them that we would LOVE TO. Last night we were meeting with President M and Brother A and while we were discussing the needs of the people here we felt the spirit! I was really nervous to do this but I felt Heavenly Father witness to me that this is what he wants us to be doing right now. We asked them to mark all of the people who are less-active and he marked all but three families on the list. We have a lot of work to do! And we are so excited! Please pray for the branch! 

My oh my, our recent convert J is amazing. He is going to school at Ridley College. (It is seriously like Hogwarts, you all should look it up and see how cool it is there.) He doesn't live in Canada but he is boarding here. He is from Ohio and some of his buddies from home told him that if he ever wanted to draw closer to the Savior he should read the Book of Mormon. He listened to them and ordered a copy, read it, met the missionaries, and was baptized three weeks later. He was just got back from summer vacation and is now starting into grade 12. When we were meeting with him we asked him if he wanted to prepare to do baptisms for the dead and he said, "Oh yeah, I actually am filling out my mission papers and I am going down to BYU to tour the campus. I will probably just go to SLC and go do baptisms." So yes, he is amazing. We asked him if he had any friends that would want to learn and he told us that he would invite someone to come to our next lesson with him. Well, he did. Her name was A. She told us that she was looking for direction in life and loved how passionate J is about his religion. We taught her the Restoration committed her to come to church, pray, read (CPR), and be baptized. She accepted all of the invitations!! It was so cool because while we were teaching J testified  of the truthfulness of everything. He will be a great missionary. After we got out of the lesson we found out that A was not living in our area so we would have to pass her on to another set of missionaries. But don't worry. Before we left our visit with them they gave us four referrals of other friends who would want to learn. Heavenly Father blesses his missionaries. But this is a perfect example of how he blesses all of us with missionary experiences. THE GOSPEL HAS BEEN RESTORED!!!! Tell a friend, invite them and the missionaries to your home, and allow Heavenly Father to do the rest. 

You know how I told you all about the no sugar thing? Well, I lost five pounds doing that! I am so excited! Hopefully I can continue to be healthy! yay! OH, and last night when we were talking with President Mencia he was telling us that we will never be fed better food than by the people in the Spanish Branch. Soo...stay tuned to see how much weight I gain this next week. :) 

E is doing amazing everyone. She is reading the Book of Mormon faithfully every day for thirty minutes. She is praying for understanding and truth. She is also praying that her boyfriend will realize that the church is good and will bless him so much. She wants to be baptized on 9 October so we will be able to be here to watch her. She invited Sister B and I to her wedding and she is planning on living in my basement sharing a bunk bed with Sister Be (OH yeah, Sister B wants to live with me for forever so I offered her my basement. Funny Story, ask me about it someday) So she is doing wonderful. :) I will have a wonderful story for you all next week! 

K is also doing better. He stopped progressing last week. He hasn't been keeping his commitments which is so sad becasue he was so close to his baptism. He just doesn't want to accept the truth yet. But yesterday Sister B felt like we should invite him to go to a baptism in St. Davids. A member took us and him to the baptism and all of the talks given were perfect for him. We were asking him what he thought and he loved the service. The entire ride home we talked about what his baptism WILL be like when he gets baptized. Later that night he told us that he really felt the spirit at the baptism and was thinking about getting baptized. He told us that it was getting hard for him to deny the truthfulness of the gospel. :) This next week will be an awesome week with his progression and I am excited to tell you all about it!

-- 
Sister Chelson 

No comments:

Post a Comment