Wow this week was such a crazy week!
After emailing last week we got a call from J one of the members in the branch and he told us that he had a referral for us! Side note, Sister Penrod and I set a higher goal this last week to contact for referrals. We got all of her information and found out a little about the relationship between the two of them and then we called her! Two days later we brought one of my favorite members H with us to teach her. We had planned to teach her the Plan of Salvation but we asked her what her beliefs were and she told us she had none and that she didn't know who God or Jesus Christ was. We taught her about the Godhead and how to pray. H helped the lesson so much they exchanged numbers at the end and H invited her to church it was awesome! Then we went back the second time with J and taught her the Restoration, at the end of the lesson J invited her to be baptized. I love when the members invite their friends to be baptized it is a lot more powerful then when we do it! She came to church yesterday and had a great experience. She texted us later that night and told us that she was really nervous and decided before that if she didn't understand what was being taught that she would not have come back. But she did! And she loved it. The branch loves her and she loves them. It is looking good.
Sad news about E. He bombed every appointment that we had and we decided that for him to ultimately return back home to Heavenly Father we were going to need to give him back to the lord. We won't be teaching him for a while. But all will be well! We still love him lots.
Okay, here is the crazy news. Wednesday morning Sister Penrod and I went out to the car to leave for an appointment. (we park in a locked parking garage) As I was putting my bag in the back Sister Penrod asks me why the car was such a mess. We always leave the car spotless before we go in and we had put everything away. Every single compartment was open in the car and our stuff was thrown around the car. We hurried to see if any of the car cards had been stolen and if any extra kilometers had been driven but there was no trace. Sister Penrod's GPS that was in the car wasn't taken either. At this point we knew that somebody had broken into the car. We looked on the outside to see if there was any evidence of the car being broken into and there was none. Then a question came into my mind. I asked Sister Penrod if she had the spare keys, she looked at me and quickly examined her bag. We leave the church keys and spare keys in a hidden compartment in the car. We couldn't find them anywhere. We ran back upstairs and frantically looked for the keys. We left the house fast because we knew that somebody had our house keys. WE called the district leader, zone leaders, mission office and President Clayton and they all told us different things to do. Ultimately we asked the zone leaders if they could come up to our apartment and check in out so we could get a suitcase of stuff to live out of before we got our house re -keyed. The next two nights we stayed at different sisters houses.
I think I have really only told mom and dad about being sick. But for the last year on and off I have been struggling with stomach issues. Sister Penrod finally convinced me to go and see a doctor. This last week I went with the mission nurse and his wife and another sister to Oshawa to go see a LDS doctor. For the last two months I have been on several different medications and none of them have seemed to help me. This doctor appointment added to the craziness of our week. Wednesday night we drove to Kitchener which is about an hour and a half away to the other sister training leaders house to stay the night. Then we woke up and drove about another hour and a half to Brampton. Then I got in a car with the mission nurse and his wife and drove another two hours to Oshawa, they got lost a couple of times. Then I had the doctors appointment. Then I drove with them again to Brampton, with the other sister back to Brampton, and then back to London. I was in the car from 8 to 8 that day. When we got back to London we realized we were homeless so we called the London Spanish sisters and they kindly let us stay at their house. This upcoming week I have an ultrasound for my stomach to rule out the more serious complications people can have with their intestines! Wish me luck!
Before going to the doctor President Clayton called and left us a voicemail. He told me not to hide the pain that I had been feeling and to keep him in the loop. He always helps me feel comforted. I love him and Sister Clayton. I am sad to see them go so soon, but I am excited to have a new mission President that I know will love me just as much. President Brown, the branch president, also called me a couple times while I was at the doctor. Finally I got back to him and he told me that he had been thinking of me and asked what he and Sister Brown could do for me. I love them! They are such good saints. H, the coolest potter ever, :) also texted me and told me she was praying for me. I feel extremely blessed and comforted having the knowledge that god sends people to bless us.
The next day, we went back to our apartment to ask if they had gotten our house re-keyed and if they had looked at the cameras. They forgot to do it and were so rude about it to us as well. It was really sad. :( But we stood strong and they did it right away. As Sister Penrod and I were waiting for the apartment to get re-keyed we went up to eat lunch in our apartment. We grabbed weapons like a broom for Sister Penrod and a frying pan for me. We went together to search out the apartment, don't worry we were safe. Now we have new keys and locks and we bought extra locks to put on the door.
With all of this crazy stuff that happened this week we somehow managed to still teach many people! We had awesome people come to church and we just felt like we gave Heavenly Father all that we could.
The night before the doctors I was praying and asking Heavenly Father to really help me feel peaceful. It had gotten really hard to eat and every time I did eat I felt so much pain and sickness. I am so grateful for the peace that comes as we pray out loud to our Heavenly Father. He loves us and I know that this entire week he was watching over me and protecting me.
I love you all. I hope that you all had a good week. And I hope you all have a good week this week! Have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment