Brother M was baptized this last week! We met him on the bus about a month ago. He accepted everything that we taught, and was so prepared to be baptized! Well, funny story. We went to fill the font Saturday and the water was icy cold. We tried doing several different things for about thirty minutes and nothing worked!! We had to put the plug in so there would be enough water for him to get baptized in so we started filing it cold. Brother M got there thirty minutes before his baptism and we told him that it was going to be a little cold for him. We felt bad and kept apologizing to him for the cold water. He really was not that happy about it. Right when the baptism was supposed to start the Relief Society president felt bad and came up with the idea to boil water and pour it in the font. Sister J and I knew that this wasn't going to work at all because the fonts take a lot of water to fill it up but we decided to go with it to please everyone. People sat in the Primary room waiting for all of this to happen. Finally we started the meeting. While the prayers and talks were going we could hear water draining from the font. (it wasn't full to start with) So we were really stressing out. Right before he got into the water the Elders poured the boiling water in and he got in and was baptized. Brother M is the same size as daddy, and the Bishop of our ward is about the size of Seth. You can imagine how funny it was to see such a small guy baptizing such big guy. Well, as he was coming out of the water Bishop couldn't pull him up and he almost hit the railing as he fell backwards. After all of this craziness. Brother M was finally baptized. Yesterday he was confirmed as a member of the church. I couldn't help peek and watch him smile as he received the Holy Ghost. He loves the church and after an interview with the Bishop yesterday he is preparing to receive the priesthood next Sunday. HAPPY!!!!
I have come to a conclusion that when I feel the spirit I just get super happy and energetic. Most of the time I am bouncing around the streets of Toronto so excited about missionary work! I think that I have exhausted Sister J. This last week she was super tired and just couldn't help but laugh from all of the silly things that I did! Something funny that happened because of the exhaustion of Sister J. Yesterday in church we were singing the closing song and all of a sudden I hear Sister J holding out a note for super long time. I turn and look at her and she was sleeping!!! Haha I just burst into laughter and nudged her. She then started laughing as well. Super funny. :)
Well family! I love you! I hope that you all have a wonderful week! :) Keep being great and reading the scriptures! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment