Hello!!!
So funny story real quick. As we were talking on Christmas I invited you all to study the Word of Wisdom! Last night, Sister J and I were at a dinner appointment with an amazing Hungarian family. The fed us the best food! After we shared our message the Mom went to her closet and pulled out a beautiful red square box of chocolate. She told us that some of her students gave her them for Christmas. The chocolates looked so fancy!! Sister J and I took one and bit into it. Immediate my mouth and my throat started to burn. I thought, "Man, this filling is really gross! What should I do, I can't spit it out they will feel bad." So I just swallowed it. The Dad, took one as well and looked down with wide eyes and said in an amazing Hungarian accent, "This is alcohol." He calmly told everyone and the mom snatched the box away. The first time I tried alcohol in my life was on my mission!!! Haha I just taught someone the Word of Wisdom this last week! Last night as I was praying I chuckled to myself and repented. I do not like alcohol, it tastes terrible.
Besides breaking a commandment, yesterday was really cool!
We dropped by an LA member yesterday and when they weren't home we decided to contact fifteen people around that area. As we were walking up to a door Sister J and I were being our usual goofy selves. I was walking around like a four-year-old throwing a fit and she was videoing me doing it. As we walked up to a door to knock I was still being super silly. As soon as Sister J shut off her camera the door opened. D told us that she had a Book of Mormon but was content with her own religion. We talked for a bit and then left. As we were walking down the driveway, I was holding onto Sister J's foot trying to warm it up because she has holes in her boots, D opened the door and asked us if we would like some tea. We both looked at each other, and agreed! We went inside and while D was making us some herbal tea we talked with her son A. They are both Seventh Day Adventist of about ten years and have such a strong faith in Jesus Christ. As we sipped on our tea D told us how she met with Mormons before she joined her church. She told us she knows Joseph Smith was a prophet. We shared the Restoration with them both. A was fixed on the picture of the first vision and both of them felt the spirit as we testified of the Restored gospel. We taught about the Book of Mormon and invited them both to pray and ask Heavenly Father if what we shared was true. They invited us to come back on Wednesday. As we left D said a beautiful prayer asking if the Book of Mormon was true. As we left the house we both looked at each other amazed with the goodness of our Heavenly Father. We offered a prayer of gratitude on the side of the road.
Sunday at church we got a call from a random number, we answered and talked with a little girl telling us that her mom and her wanted us to come visit them! We gladly accepted the invitation and later that night we walked over to their apartment. As we were there we talked with the mom H. She joined the church about 6 years ago and isn't able to come because she married a Muslim man who won't let her come. For awhile she would sneak to church but she didn't like to be dishonest. She told us that she wants to be at church and she wants her sweet daughter to be raised in the church. We talked about the love of God with her and set up another time to come and visit. As we left that night we were again amazed with the goodness of our Father in Heaven. I have seen so many miracles as a missionary and I know that all of them come from being an obedient faith-filled missionary.
This last Wednesday we went to Dundas Square as a zone and Christmas caroled. Dundas Square is like a mini times square. :) There were so many fun wonderful people. We invited everyone to sing along, and sometimes people did! A lot of people videoed and took pictures. We told them all to share it using the #asaviorisborn! It was a wonderful time. After that we hopped on the subway and headed back to our apartment. After we contacted everyone on the subway we decided we were role play the Restoration with each other (who knows someone could have been listening). We have a walkway from the subway station to our apartment, and as we were walking back we ran into a girl named I. We talked with her a couple days back about the video on Christs birth. She and her family watched it and loved it. We asked her if we could share something with her that has changed our life, when then went on and taught the Restoration. She accepted all of it and was so excited to read the Book of Mormon. The conversation we had with her was almost identical to the role play on the subway!
Last night we had our first winter storm. Let me tell you, it is cold in Canada! We were trudging back from our commandment breaking appointment and our skirts were flying up because of the wind, our shoes were soaking wet, and we were smiling and excited because we LOVE sharing the gospel. Also because I got some really warm clothes for Christmas. Thank you. :)
I love you all. I hope you all have a wonderful day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment