Monday, November 16, 2015

They were not lying when they said it was cold in Canada!

Hello Family! This week was cold! It isn't super cold yet, but it is cold everybody.

I went on Exchanges this last week. I was with Sister J. She is 23 and she is a licensed hair person ( I don't want to try and think of the name). She is from Utah. And I love her. While we were on exchanges all of our appointments fell through which was sad, but we were able to talk to literally everyone we saw. We taught around four lessons on the street, and we would have had four new investigators if they would have accepted a return appointment, but everyone has their agency. It was wonderful.

This week we were able to teach way more than we have in the past. This is so good because it shows that the area is starting to progress. When we got into the area at the start of the transfer it was a new area so we had no information or direction. Now we are starting to see the work pick up and it is such a wonderful sight! God is Good!

This last week Sister M was getting trained in Family History. I luckily have been trained and already knew how to use the website so I was just able to look at my account. I was showing all of the Sisters our family and they were all so jealous because of the pictures and stories and all of the work that has been done. It was a proud moment for me, but then I remembered that I really have not done any of that work. SHOUT OUT to all of my family who has helped with the work! 

This is a super random paragraph.. But I have been trying so hard to be able to do better pushups. I remember in my first transfer Sister B could you know actually do I real boy push up. I couldn't do one so I gave up. Then at the start of this transfer Sister C, who is Sister Bs companion right now, could do like a million push ups and I got to thinking that I wanted to be able to do that. So, this last week one of my goals was to be able to do 10 solid push ups. I am super pumped to tell you all that I can do them. :) Haha, as I said, super random but I am proud of it. 

One day we had no appointments in the afternoon so we decided to tract all day long. It was pouring rain and freezing cold. When we would knock on the doors people would tell us to "stay dry" or "Stay warm", it always made me laugh when they could see us dripping wet. Haha anyways. As we were running to our dinner appointment we saw our bus drive by. The thing about Brampton is the buses only come like twice an hour so if you miss your bus you are pretty much going to be late to your appointment. It was still pouring outside so when we got under the bus shed and saw that it was full we were so excited. We contacted them all and invited them to check out a website..Then we saw the bus and all of us got up to get on, but the bus zoomed right by so we were going to have to wait again. Some boy there had the bus app and told us that the next one would be coming in ten minutes..Sister M and I had already talked to everyone and none showed interest but something just kept telling me to teach them all..So finally I obeyed and turned around faced all of them and just started preaching. Haha I taught the entire Restoration to all of them and invited them all to read the Book of Mormon and pray and ask god if it was true. As I looked over at Sister M she was in complete shock..haha she just kept smiling and laughing at me. When I asked them if they wanted to learn more half of them agreed!!! Then the bus came, and I was super pumped about the contact so then I got on and taught several other people about the Restoration and invited them all to read the Book of Mormon, one man took the book and told me he would read! BY the end of waiting for the bus and the bus ride I had talked to around fifteen people and Sister M had talked with several people as well. It was so fun. I felt like Dan Jones. 

I know that the gospel has been restored. Our mission is having our mission tour this week. Elder Perkins will be coming here and has asked all of the missionaries to prepare a four minute talk on fulfilling our purpose, and has also asked each companionship to prepare a 10 minute Restoration lesson including all of the commitments. :) We are so excited!!! I'm excited to fill you all in! 

Christmas is coming everybody!!!!! I keep forgetting that you all haven't had Thanksgiving yet..but my Thanksgiving has passed. Pretty much everyone here has lights up. It is wonderful! I love you all, I pray for you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment