Oh how I have loved serving in St. Catharines! The people, ward, and area are absolutely stunning. My testimony has been strengthened so much. I know even more than I did before that Jesus is the Living Christ, and that through him I find peace, strength, and lasting happiness! I know that Heavenly Father is my literal father and that he had, has, and will always have a plan for me. The gospel that Jesus Christ established while he was on earth is perfect. The gospel that Joseph Smith restored in the 1800's is that same perfect church, and to make this all even more glorious, the fullness of the gospel and the priesthood is never going to be taken again! The Book of Mormon is God's word. I know it, end of story. After General Conference I will never be able to deny that we have prophets and apostles helping guide us back to Heavenly Father.
My testimony of companions has continued to be strengthened which every companion I have had. My companions that I have had in the past still seem to teach me and help me become a better missionary. Sister B is such an amazing missionary, I am excited to tell you about all of her transfer news. :) I know that serving and loving people with all of your heart is what brings true happiness. A couple weeks ago I was making Sister B's bed for her in the morning. After I finished hers I moved onto mine and I heard Sister B yell "THANKS!" from the other room. Haha I guess I could have responded by saying your welcome but my response of "OH... I only make your bed because I like the room to look tidy." seemed alot funnier to me. But just as I said before, Service is what brings happiness. If any of you are struggling with anything my only word of advice is to forget yourself and serve someone! (said in the nicest tone ever) I have been really really sad before on my mission and in life. And when I have looked back at those times and tried to figure out why is was sad it is because I was turning in when I should have been turning out to help people. I love the scripture in Mosiah 2:17. I know that scripture is REAL. Anyways, I love Sister B.
Well, last night was transfer calls! (If you want to just see the news read the bold.)The calls start at 9:00 p.m.and go until 10:30 p.m. I had been feeling like I was going to be leaving the area. In fact, I had already prepared myself by giving all of the cute old ladies in our ward a hug at church. But, soon enough it became 9:30, then after giving myself a stress headache I decided to not think about it anymore and kept myself busy with cleaning up. Then before I knew it it was 10:20 and time for bed! I prayed expressing my confusion to Heavenly Father and went to bed. Then, at 10:25 we got a call from two of the Elders in our district telling us about their news. When we hung up it was 10:29 and we crawled into bed. At 10:32 we heard the phone ring and jumped out of bed and saw that Elder F the assistant, was calling us. We answered and he asked us.."How pumped are you?" We put forth a pathetic shout, which led to him making us redo it all over again and FINALLY he told us what was going on. Wow, I love telling stories. :) So what is going on is... I am going to be training a new missionary and opening a new area! Yay! I am so excited! I am also going to be in a bus area which is going to be super fun because I have never been on a bus! :) So, keep me and my companion in your prayers. Sister B is going to be staying in St. Catharines and is going to be training a new missionary as well. I'm a grandma. :)
This week was a week full of adventure as usual. But some big things that happened this week:
1. K has decided that he loved investigating the church, but he just doesn't see himself getting baptized. So we let him go..(But don't worry, he will be baptized soon enough). It was funny because we were saying that he was going to miss meeting with us and just a couple hours after the lesson we let him go he called us and told us that he needed to tell us something. We just laughed and went and talked to him. He is a good man.
2. We had a "Why I Believe Fireside", it went well. E spoke at it and killed it! In fact, she promised everyone in attendance that if they read the Book of Mormon they would find joy and happiness like she has. It was cool. She has also been praying about serving a mission in a year from now. She received probably around five answers this week that she should. :) And in an email to me just now she said....(HOLD FOR COPY AND PASTING) "I also wanted to remind you of that promise I made you, I will always honour it. I promise I will always follow the commandments and the rules that Heavenly Father has put in place. I also hope to see you at my farewell when I decide to go on my mission! That's another promise I want to make to you. I promise that I will be prepared to go on a mission by 2017. I want to be as great as you are. I want to change somebody's life, like how you changed mine." She is wonderful. I can't wait for when she gets called to the Pocatello Idaho Mission.
3. We were blessed to have alot of finding time this last week. We contacted all of the streets in downtown St. Catharines (All ten of them, haha), and found a lot of success. Heavenly Father is so midful of all of His children.
This week I was studying the conference talk "It Works Wonderfully" at the request of Hannah. I learned so much about how the gospel is supposed to work in our lives! If you all have the time I strongly encourage you to read it! This week I have chosen my ponderizing scripture to be Mormon 9:28. It is an awesome scripture in a very book in the Book of Mormon. Well I pray for you all every night. I think about how much each of you have blessed my life. Thank you.









No comments:
Post a Comment