Monday, October 5, 2015

Ponderize? :)

Wow. Wasn't conference great? I could go on for hours about how great it was but. I only have a couple minutes to write an email. :)

Baptism and Confirmation
E passed her baptism interview!!! This wasn't a shock because she is awesome. But she is getting baptized this Friday! She will then be confirmed Sunday! She keeps asking us.."When can I go to the temple?" She is very excited and will be a wonderful member of the church. Highlights of teaching her this week are. 1. She told us that she is HERBAL now and that she doesn't drink tea. She also got us all hot chocolate will we taught her a lesson. 2. She came to all four sessions of conference, took notes, and had alot of questions answered. 3. She is pumped to come teaching with us next week! 4. She wants to serve a mission in a year from now. 

The ward is going to have four baptisms this month! Three of them are 8 year olds. Bishop has asked us to teach all of the kids about baptism so. The girl that got baptized yesterday was so prepared and was a great example for the other two girls. Actually one of the girls has been struggling to make the choice. Her dad is an RM but has gone less active and anti. Her mom is a faithful faithful woman who is doing all she can to raise her children in the church. As the little girl saw her friend be baptized and as she felt the spirit she is getting baptized this week! And the week following this one the other little girl is getting baptized! YAY!!

We made a pro and con list with K about baptism. He was able to recognize that the cons that he has are not even close to the pros that he has. But still, he just doesn't know if he wants to be baptized. We are still teaching him! He enjoyed the last session of conference and is still wanting us to teach him more. He has great questions. I know that K will be baptized it may not be while I am serving in St. Catharines or maybe even while I am serving in Ontario. But I know that he wants this in his life. He just has to decide if God will bless his life more than he can. 

Temple
​A recent convert, J, will be going to BYU this weekend. He is so excited! Porter, Nate. Would you mind if I gave him your contact info? Maybe you could meet up with him and show him the ins and outs of campus. He will also be going to the Salt Lake City temple! He is so excited to participate in baptisms for the dead. This is his next ordinance he can make as a member of the church. Pray that he will have a good experience. 

We went on exchanges this last week. Since President Clayton has changed the mission vision. He has asked the sister training leaders to double up on exchanges for the transfer. I was able to go to Hamilton with Sister M. She is awesome. She has graduated from BYU in Psychology. She plans to go home and be a marriage and family  therapist. She will be heading on home in January. I loved being with her for the day! I hear so many people talk about how they really needed a certain person for the exchange. Well, I needed Sister M. She is such a wonderful example of obedience and love. And I learned so much. While we were in Hamilton we were able to find a new investigator, invite 30 people to watch General Conference, ​help a returning member realize his potential to be sealed to his wonderful wife, and invite a couple people to be baptized. It was a great day with lots of miracles. Over all the thing that I learned on this exchange was how important it is to help people recognize Heavenly Father speaking to them and how that feels. Sister M was always helping people make the connection that what they were feeling was the spirit. I think that it would be a great idea for you all to record how Heavenly Father speaks to you. How amazing would it be if we could really understand perfectly how the spirit talks to us. I do know that each of us have been promised that we will have the spirit with us and we keep God's commandments. As members of His church we get to partake of the sacrament. Listen the the words said in the prayer. I promise that as you are doing all you can do that you will have His spirit with you ALWAYS. It is possible! And when we lose that spirit pray to the Father and ask for it again. I know that even though Adam and Eve separated us physically from God, that he gave us the Holy Ghost so we wouldn't be spiritually separated from him. Pray, take the sacrament, keep the commandments. 

I love you all. I pray for you all. I pray that each of you will find the desire to become a better disciple of Christ. And I pray that you will let that desire work in you until you are standing before God. It is worth it, I promise. Heavenly Father has promised us all he has in hope that we will see how his plan is worth it. I know He loves you. And that He knows you. 










No comments:

Post a Comment