Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Exercise Room, Book of Mormon, 3 testimonies

Hello from Canada! I hope that you all had a blessed week. I know that Sister Dayton and I had a fabulous week. In between exchanges, special trainings, service, and lots of dinner appointments, we are still smiling and happy because we have the best calling in the world! 

This last week Sister Dayton and I went on exchanges with our fabulous Sister Training Leaders (STL), Sister Robb and Sister Coleman! I have never been outside of my ward boundaries so it was super fun to go to Hamilton with Sister Robb. Cool thing about Hamilton... It is actually the home or Batman! The movies were filmed in Hamilton! Pretty cool eh? Anyways... We were teaching a lesson with this couple who had met with the last missionaries a couple times in the previous transfer and they were so excited to hear more about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. As we were teaching them we invited them to be baptized. The man that we were teaching replied, "I can't wait to be baptized so I can receive that power and authority you were talking about." He was so excited! And so were we! I mean who doesn't want their investigators to say that?! So many other things happened on exchanges. But I am so grateful for Sister Robb and the example she is to me. She is a wonderful missionary. (Mosiah 25:18) (Helaman 5:18)

This last Friday we had a special training from President and Sister Clayton! I love my mission president and his wife they are remarkable. In this special training we talked about what we need to do to better our efforts as a mission. Some things that I really loved is the emphasis. On member missionary work! I know that member missionary work and missionary work combined can be the most powerful thing. I encourage you all to call your local missionaries and ask them if you can go teaching with them, have them over for dinner, or you can give them some names of families they can go to. We all are so blessed to know about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We know that we can be with our families for forever because of the restored priesthood on the earth. Some of our friends and our family members do not know this. It is sooo sad. It breaks my heart to know that some people don't feel hope of an after life or that they can be forgiven completely of past sins. But, this can all change! So start today! Be a missionary. :) Love the people around you. And as you do that, you will remember the feelings you had as you first came to know that this church is true. You will find even more peace and happiness in your life as you share the Gospel. (Helaman 6:3)

This week we were helping this woman do some gardening for her neighbour. And let me tell you! It was hard work! The dirt and grass we were trying to dig up was clay and it was so difficult to pull up. But, we did it! We also were able to do service for this really cute member in our ward. It was a really hot and sunny day so she told me that I could borrow her hat. I wasn't going to turn her down. We had so much fun!  (Mosiah 2:17)

The food paragraph! Yesterday we double booked ourself on accident and had two dinner appointments! The first one we had was a fabulous meal with hamburgers, Kale salad (my favorite salad), and pie. Then the second one we had was with the Flores Family. They are from the Philippines so it was fun to be able to have Filipino food. I thought about Seth (Elder Kelley). But something that is even cooler is that Brother Flores served his mission in the Philippines and he had a companion from Idaho!!! 

This last story is one of my highlights of the week. We were  supposed to be teaching one of our recent converts in a lobby of a apartment complex. But it was already taken so we had to improvise. We decided that the exercise room would be a comfy place that the spirit could reside, so we chose to teach our lesson in there. As we were starting our lesson an older man came in and needed to use the treadmil! But we really needed to teach our lesson. He felt bad when we started to gather our stuff and told us that it was okay for us to stay there and that he would just be ten minutes. Sister Dayton looked at me and we decided no harm could come from it, so we continued on teaching our lesson on Abinidi. After ten minutes had passed this older gentleman did stop his work out, but instead of leaving he came and sat near us and listened. As we finished our lesson, he asked us what we were reading from. Our recent converts, and our faces lit up and we told him about the Book of Mormon. We told him what our purpose is as missionaries and he asked a couple questions. We decided it would be best if our recent convert could tell this man about why he was baptized and how it brought him happiness. He looked at this man square in the face and told him that HE KNOWS that this is the true church. And that being baptized was the best decision he had ever made. The man then proceeded to tell us that he feels so lonely and that he wants to find happiness. We bore our testimonies that this Gospel is the way to find true happiness. He is so excited to learn more about this church, our recent convert is excited to be part in teaching him, and we are thankful to be blessed with yet again, another miracle from God. WE KNOW this church is true. (Moroni 10:3-5) 

I love being a missionary. I have the best calling in the world. (Alma 5:49)

Sister Chelson

No comments:

Post a Comment