This will be my last week sending out a large email. If you would like to read my weekly letter they will be on a blog. I am sure that my brother will post that on my facebook account or someone online. Or you can just ask my mom to send it to you. I have such a hard time remembering everyone! I love you and I hope you enjoy this lovely letter. I want to apologize now for it however, it is not my best letter. But as President Clayton always says, "Repent and sin no more." :)
I talked a little bit about bikes last week? Well, we have them! I just want you all to close your eyes and imagine this. Two girls in skirts and really attractive helmets, a big basket on the front filled with pass-along cards, Book of Mormons, and pamphlets, and wind. If you didn't laugh you should. :) We love it though. We are so grateful that we didn't have to buy the bikes either. We were at a dinner appointment with this family who used to be members and decided that they no longer wanted to so they took their names off the church records. We were asking them if they knew of anyone who had bikes that they weren't using that we could have. They couldn't think of anyone of the top of their heads but a day later we got a voicemail from him saying that he found two bikes for us and that he was fixing them up for us. How nice is that?! We are so grateful for them. They LOVE the missionaries and both would do anything for anyone. I pray that they will remember the feelings that they had as they were in the church, we can still see the light that they have in the eyes as we share our testimony with them. I also pray that all of us will remember to be kind to everyone and love everyone. Help those in need! Sister Stothart, a member in our ward, said last night. "I feel like when you are serving others and being a missionary, you feel pure happiness and love for them. And when you feel that, you learn that God loves you in the most pure way." I know that that is true. As you serve others you will be happier than you ever have in your life.
Food never stops here. Literally it just keeps coming. Sister Dayton and I got fed 11 times since last Tuesday!! I am so grateful for all of the people who have invited us over for dinner, lunch, linner, brunch, snacks, thanksgiving dinner, and feasts. Literally I feel like I had them all. Lets just say I am even more grateful for the bikes we got if you know what I mean. It is SO needed.
Last email I sent I talked about our neighbors we were doing service for. The family is amazing. They invited us to come back and teach them! (YAY HAPPY SISTER CHELSON DANCE) We taught them the Restoration. As we were teaching them about the Priesthood we wanted to make sure that they understood. They understood everything so perfectly. I was a little nervous actually because they knew it so well. After we taught the apostasy they didn't really think that it had ever been taken but Sister Dayton and I explained and they understood. At the end of the lesson we were talking about the Book of Mormon and how it was another record that testified about Jesus Christ. They told us that they were excited to read from it because they never knew there was more to learn. Dainia, the mom, said, "I am kind of like Joseph Smith, I am looking for the truth as well." We were so excited to be able to teach them. At the end of the lesson Sister Dayton asked them if they have ever prayed before, and for the next ten minutes they told us of all of the amazing times God has blessed them because of their prayers. It is an amazing thing when your investigators bear their testimony about prayer.
This last week Sister Dayton and I have decided to start to memorize The Living Christ. I have loved studying it. Everytime that we recite it I feel the spirit so much. I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and that He truly did give His life to atone for the sins of all mankind. How blessed are we to be able to say that we are members of His church? And how blessed are we to be able to turn to Him to help us overcome guilt, pain, and sadness? I know that He lives. And I know that He loves each of us.
I love you all. I am sorry that this was not a very good letter. I don't have much time today. But I do love you all so much.
Sister Chelson
No comments:
Post a Comment