"Jesus Christ died and lived for us again, follow him and find a new life." This Sunday the church will be putting out the new Easter Initiative! This was my favorite part of the video. I am so excited for you all to watch it and share it. I don't know if it is just because I am a missionary who is set apart to have the spirit or if I have just become an emotional person.. but I tear up every time I watch this video.
This week we met some really cool people on the streets of Toronto. One specific person keeps coming to my mind. We met this awesome man named L on the bus. As we were talking to him about our message he was really excited to learn more, just as he was walking away I called out to him and asked him what his religious background was and he said "Almost Christian". I am really excited to meet with him.
Sister Wilson and I are teaching this amazingly prepared woman named M. We were preparing to teach her about the plan of salvation and we just thought that she would have a lot of questions so while we were role playing we were asking hard questions to each other. When we went to follow up with her on her Book of Mormon reading she told us that she had been reading the testimonies and that nothing had really come to her telling her that it was true...BUT THEN she said that while she was reading the testimony of Joseph Smith she felt an amazing sense of peace and truth. She said that she feels like God is answering her that what we are teaching her is true. In my head I was thinking..."What. I don't know what to do now. She actually read and received an answer within seconds? They don't teach us what to do when people know that it is true!" While I was thinking this her son called out for her from the backroom and when she went back there Sister Wilson and I both looked at each other with dropped jaws. It was so cool! When she came back she said a prayer to understand and accept all that we were going to teach her. As we taught her about the creation, fall of Adam and Eve, and our life on earth she told us while hugging the pamphlet, that she can relate so much to all of what we had taught her. She committed to read, pray, and come to church.
While on exchanges this last week with Sister Spencer we had a miracle happen. Sister Spencer is in her first 12 weeks so she gets to have an hour extra study time from a book called the First 12 weeks ( really fitting name eh?). While we were praying a thought came to my mind to use our training that day and go over and teach our neighbors about the Book of Mormon. Luckily that day in training we were focusing on how to use the Book of Mormon. Sister Spencer prayerfully selected a scripture and we role played going over to their house knocking on the door, and teaching them about the scripture. We did this three times and were finally ready to go over to their house. Just a side note on our neighbors. While Sister Jensen and I were companions we gave them some chocolates for Christmas. After that we continued to run into them, they would give us free calender's and we would give them gospel literature. They had read every single pamphlet and were even reading the Book of Mormon. But they never would allow us to go and share a message with them. Last transfer I had been praying to know when it would be a good time to go to them and teach them and I never received an answer so I knew it was not the right time. Knowing all of that, I can get back to the story. Sister Spencer and I go over and say exactly what we had role played to them at the door and *BOOM* they invited us to come into their home to talk more. While we were in there we talked about the Book of Mormon and we set up an appointment to go back in two days. This experience strengthened my testimony in two ways.
1. Prayers are always answered. I had been praying to know when they would be ready and I received an answer that it was not time yet. Sometimes when we pray we don't get the answer that we were looking for or expecting and I think that that discourages us. Do you think that Joseph Smith was expecting the answer that he received when he saw two heavenly beings appear to him? I would think that he wasn't! But what he was expecting was an answer. And from the answer that he received he acted. If there is anything that any of you have been praying for and you feel like you haven't received an answer, KEEP PRAYING. "Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you".
2. Every person on earth can receive revelation. Sister Spencer and I felt inspired to go and do a very specific thing, using a very specific scripture, at a very specific time and place. I'm here to tell you that there is absolutely no way that I could do that without the guidance of the spirit. It is so important that we always remain worthy of the companionship of the holy ghost. Each week we go to church and while there we partake of the sacrament which renews a promise that we will always have "his spirit to be with us". As we take the sacrament seriously, we will be able to feel his spirit in our life. And not only will we feel his spirit but we will be guided by his spirit so we can bless his other children.
M came to church and her cute children M and Z came to church! She asked great questions and felt the spirit so strongly. :)
Well, I could go on and on about this week. We were able to see so many miracles. There were lots of little and big miracles! I know that I get to see these miracles because of Jesus Christ. I know that he is my savior and just as I quoted before, "Jesus Christ dies and lived for us again, follow him and find a new life." I have found my life in Christ. I want to invite all of you to find your life in him as well. Have him be the center of all aspects of life. Think about the media you enjoy, focus that media on Christ. Think of the friends you have, do they help you focus your life on Christ? Remember Christ. Helaman 5:12
No comments:
Post a Comment