Monday, December 7, 2015

TORONTO!

Well, it is official everybody, I am in love with the city of Toronto. 

Sister J is such an amazing companion. I love her so much. We have alot of fun together. She is from Alberta. She has been on her mission for 14 months. Something that is cool is that she served in Milton right before I did! She is the kindest sweetest person you will ever meet. She talks like a Canadian and I talk like an American so it leads to lots of laughing fits as we go to bed. Something that I learned from her this week is how to better listen to people and discern what they need to know. She is really good at making people feel comfortable and happy as she talks with them on the bus. It has been so fun to learn how to better bus contact with her. This is her first time in a bus area and she is killing it! It is so fun. Her parents are currently living Manila which is in the Philippines. She lived there for 6 weeks before she came to the CTM! She is celestial.


We whitewashed into our area! I think that President Clayton just likes to whitewash me into areas, ahaha I have never just moved into a new area. :) The apartment was last used by Elders. As we were busing  there the Don Mills East sisters told us that our apartment had bed bugs....and that the Elders got bites....So, naturally we were both freaking out. We got there and we opened the door and we had no furniture, we walked into the back room and our beds were taped, with scotch tape, and it was just a little sketchy. That night we were deciding if we wanted to sleep in those beds and we just decided to be brave and do it. As we were getting into bed Sister J said...."I love you, Goodnight, don't let the bed bugs bite..." We immediately got so quiet and just busted into laughter. We understand that phrase now. Mom, I know that while you have been reading this you have been freaking out.. Don't worry we don't have bed bugs. We got rid of those mattresses and got a new couch. Neither of us have bites so we are okay. Porter, I know that you were probably thinking about a smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide detector, we have them and they both work. We also have three locks on our doors, so we are safe. :) 

Sister J

a picture of the fort Sister Jensen and I made. :) 


This year the Christmas initiative is so inspired,they always are inspired but I really like this one. Something that we have been trying to do is to sing Christmas songs on the Subway,buses, and street cars. We get so many happy smiles and it is always a great opportunity to share the Christmas card with people. I love Christmas! We had one time we were singing on the street car (that I call a trolley because it is makes it sound more fun), and this woman turns around and just smiles and closes her eyes. As we were getting off she came and she talked with us and told us how we made her day. She didn't want to learn more but it was a cool to be able to have her feel the spirit of Christ. 

These last nine months have gone by way to fast!! I cannot believe that I have hit my halfway mark. I just wanted to share with you all nine things that I have learned on my mission. 
  1. We need to do things the Lords way and not our own way. When you are with someone 24/7 you are bound to not agree on certain things. Something that is important is to pray and ask the Lord what he would have us do. When you are with someone whether you are dating, married, companions, family, or even co-workers, it does not matter who is right or who is wrong because I would guess 99% of the time you are both wrong. Ha the Lord will always be right....Choose the Right=Choose the Lord.
  2. Kindness.
  3. I love my family so much. I, like Nephi, "have been born of goodly parents". Unlike Nephi, I have siblings who love the Lord and love me.
  4. I really like pie and ice cream.
  5. There is no substitute for obedience and diligence.
  6. Mission Presidents are inspired. Elder Perkins told us that he is convinced that a missionary is not assigned to a specific mission but to a mission president. I know that that is true. President and Sister Clayton are wonderful people. I can not begin to describe the love I have for them.
  7. The Restoration actually happened!
  8. I really like talking with people.
  9. Everyone needs the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are in a bus area! WOOOOO!!! BUS!!! AREA!!!!!!!!!! I love the buses, you get to trap people on them. :) I rode a subway for the first time in my life the other day. I keep telling  Sister J that serving in Toronto is the best Christmas present I could ever get. :) When new missionaries come out on their mission they are so excited and everything is magical and new to them. That is totally me this transfer. :) A lady this morning in the elevator was telling us that we were far to energetic for 6:30 am. We just smiled and laughed. Sister J and I are constantly chasing down buses. Then we get on the bus out of breath and everyone on the bus gets a good chuckle out of two girls in skirts running down a bus, it makes it easier for us to talk to them. Because we are running and walking so much, I may lose weight this transfer. Haha who knows! The holidays are here! :) 

I will let you all know my new address when I know my new address. :) I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment