Hello, Hello! This week has been one awesome week!!! I love being a missionary. I think I have said that before but I thought I would say it again! So I will just try and sum up everything that happened!
My companion in is her last transfer. This means that everyone has invited us over for dinner! And some days we even have lunch and dinner. Ha this is so awesome. The ward we are in is incredible. And the food that they make for us is even more incredible! This means that we have to really watch out on what we are eating. I have found out, however, that ice cream is something that goes good with every meal. It fills in the cracks eh? Haha you all know that I LOVE lambs! This week I had lamb stew. I felt like crying. Also I have really started to like fish! It is really good. That is something that is really cool about this mission, it is the most diverse place in the world. I have met so many people from so many cultures. I get a little piece of everything.
This week has been amazing. My companion and I (Sister Bodine) were whitewashed into this area this transfer. We started out by having no real investigators, nobody we knew to try and find member referrals, and we did not know the area. But now we are seeing so much progress and success! Tomorrow we are loaded with lessons to teach, members food to eat, and lots of talking. We are so grateful for the blessing to be a missionary. :) We pray every day, every hour in hope to find the people that are prepared to share the gospel. We were teaching this family this week. They are young and have two crazy young boys. We were teaching the Restoration, and we started to talk about prayer and about the Holy Ghost. The mom asked us if we believe that other people can be an answer to prayers. We continued on telling her that people can and told her that the Holy Ghost testifies of truth and it will only ever be of good things. We told her how proud we were of her and the good job that she was doing raising her family. She started crying and told us that we had answered her prayer. Just the day before she had prayed to feel comfort in her life and to feel appreciated and worth something. She hugged us and gladly invited us to come back and teach again. I am so grateful for this experience. Just the day before I had prayed that I would be able to have a confirmation on something that I had been studying. This was also an answer to my prayer.
My companion has such a cool family. I am always telling her how cool her parents seem and how awesome her family is. The reason I mention this is because I know that the reason Sister Bodine is such an amazing missionary is because of her family. She is such a great missionary. In the Book of Mormon it talks about the prophets who are filled with the spirit and how they have so much power and authority as they teach. And this is exactly what Sister Bodine is like. She lives her life in such a way that she always has this power and spirit. She has been such a great blessing for me. I am grateful to have served with her. Especially as she comes to her missions close. It means the world to me to have such an extraordinary companion.
Today I went to Niagara Falls!!! It was so amazing. We actually ran into a Filipino Family that were members! They took pictures with us and were so excited to see members!I It around 20 degrees (Celsius) the entire week. Today however was rainy and cold which is funny because we were going to the Falls. The member that was taking us thought it was going to rain the entire time but we assured her that if we had faith that it would stop raining and blowing that he would bless his missionaries. Ha IT STOPPED. I know that that seems silly but I know that it is true. Heavenly Father may not have stopped the wind and rain... But I do know that if we have faith he will allow miracles to happen. Mormon 9
I love you all! I am so excited to hear about school getting over, UVYA starting, mom riding a bike, and so many other fun things! I love being a missionary!!
Sister Chelson
No comments:
Post a Comment