Hello! So I have never been so cold in my life!! haha this week I didn't have a pillow or blanket! But I have surprisingly been pretty warm! Sister Clayton drove yesterday to bring it to me, she is such an amazing woman. It is so cold here that it chills you to the bone. I have never had cold or wind hurt so bad. :) I LOVE IT.
![]() |
| Emily with President and Sister Clayton |
The flight was good! I did alot of reading haha I re started the Book of Mormon. I got to Mosiah 2 before I got to Toronto. So it can be done. The Book of Mormon can be read pretty quickly.
My trainer. When you are called to certain callings in the mission such as a zone leader, or a AP. You are typically that calling until you leave. In fact it is so unlikely to not. It is the same with Sister Training Leaders. My trainer was released for her final transfer to train me. President Clayton, Sister Clayton, all of the mission office, EVERY single missionary here said that I got a very special missionary. I know that that is true. I prayed for a comp that would be obedient and work hard. And that is what she is. She told me that once she got called to train she knew she would be training someone special and that she would have a lot of responsibility to do a good job. She has helped me so much. I want you to know that we are constantly working and that is not just because of her. But also because I want too. We run everywhere. We pray all the time. We sing to people. We are doing everything that we can so we can serve our God with all of our heart might and mind. I will have two trainers. I love it here.
I got to go to the temple! We go with our investigators to the temple to do baptisms as quick as possible. "we begin with the end in mind" think about that and live your life for that. We begin our marriage with eternal life in mind. We begin our mission with helping others receive eternal life in mind. We don't just go through life without purpose. We begin with the end in mind. This applies to EVERYTHING sports, band, school, family, jobs, you name it and it will apply. This is how we are successful.
Something that we want to do is to involve members. that is the only way that the work will press forward! We pray for chances for the war members to have missionary experiences. This is a very special story. The Sim family is a young french family. They have three kids. They are going to be baptizing the first in december. We were going to there house for dinner and we had been praying all day for help. This man approached us and said that he was an inactive member and that we could come visit him. Then as we were on the front porch this boy we had waved to came up and talked to us! haha it was amazing. the Sims said that we bring such a powerful spirit to their home. Sister Sim told us that her husband was playing with his son the night before and this man came to them and said "are you a mormon?" he said yes and the guy said, "I want to know what makes you so different." the man continued to say that two sisters came to the door and were talking about mormons and how we share a wonderful message about families. He saw us previously go to the sims home. The sims are know going to be having this man and his family over to be taught. The Lord answers our prayers in such strange ways. Just like the Women's broadcast. "He will answer in his own time, and way."
Canada only has Cadbury chocolate. :) This is a good thing. Everyone speaks like five languages in the ward. It is seriously so diverse here. We have a car. Sister Bodine is from Utah, she is going to BYU, she lived in New Heritage the same year as Nate... She is coming home soon! OH yeah!!!! hahaha I am trying so hard to say Eh! It is actually done here, like alot. I also have started saying washroom for bathroom and also whereabouts when I am asking people where they are from. :)
Sister Chelson!
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment